| More Heads | The Body | From the Rear | Movement | Standards | Anatomy | Famous Sires | Photo Gallery | Links |
| Differences Around the World | Body Style Comparisions | Beautiful Heads | Eye Shape | The Skull Shape | Optical Illusions |
| How Structure affects Movement | Choosing a Puppy | Boxer Books | Contact Me |
BOXERS AROUND THE WORLD
Go to page:
THE MAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN
So where do we go from here?
While each country has a certain "look" or "style" that they prefer, the standards themselves are basically the same. In my opinion the best dogs are not so dissimilar that we can’t all pull together for the benefit of the breed!
Separation into two different breeds or varieties would be disastrous for the overall welfare of the breed and we should do everything in our power to keep the Boxer as ONE breed worldwide!
.... A WORLDWIDE BOXER
- A healthy Boxer with the combination of personality, strength, substance with elegance, a noble bearing and an impressive head!
- One UNIVERSAL BOXER ensures us an unlimited gene pool!
- With more dogs of similar STYLE to choose from worldwide, TYPE can be more easily retained.
- A worldwide Boxer of good type would help maintain genetic diversity and thus ensure the health, vigour and longevity of our Boxers.
If this is to become our goal ...
- Judges and breeders must identify the major faults and virtues in the breed
- Not get swayed by what is winning in a certain area…but ask if this dog has good TYPE
- Keep an image of the ideal Boxer firmly fixed in the mind!
- We must reconcile our differences and work together!
- Agree on a universal Boxer!
- Keep an open mind when looking at dogs from other countries - look for virtues that can assist the breed!
- See the virtues in dogs from other countries and incorporate their virtues into your own breeding program!
- Never compromise the standard!!!!
In order to create ....
A BOXER that could win anywhere in the world!
With the world opening up and dogs now to travelling to shows worldwide, Boxer exhibitors are very limited as to where they can go to show their dogs as Boxers vary too much in style and type to compete out of their own area.
Many other breeds can compete in most countries and take home major prizes, as these breeds have maintained the same type throughout the world. Our Boxers have not!
PEOPLE NEED TO SEE PICTURES OF GREAT DOGS
Not just words in a standard that anyone can misinterpret! We must have something that people can look at, and aspire to when judging and breeding
They need a correct VISUALISATION of the standard today!
When people read our standard it is very "wordy" and very open to different interpretations. There are many breeds in the world that does not have a lengthy standard, yet the dogs look similar everywhere. You could take them out of one country and put them in another and they would blend in. Take Collies, Pugs or Poodles for example.
If we had a correct visualisation of the standard people would not had to use interpretations as they could immediately see what is required and breed accordingly.